- How does the translatable field work?
- When is the default value modified automatically?
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
Employee Central - Manage Data
- For explanation, lets consider company's default language is en_US.
Fields which we are discussing here after:
Below are the scenarios and behavior of respective fields:
|Name field on UI (User's locale)||en_US||en_GB||Default before||Default after|
|en_GB||unmodified on Save||Not shown||blank||takes value from en_US. If en_US is blank, then takes value from en_GB|
|en_GB||unmodified on Save||Not shown||Value1||Value1|
|en_US||Not shown||unmodified on Save||blank||puts value entered in en_US now|
|en_US||Not shown||unmodified on Save||Value1||Value1|
- Also please note, the title of object shown in manage data and in employment Information page is based on user's locale.
- If there is no translation for user's locale then default title is shown in both these pages.
- Default language is only updated in scenarios mentioned above.
- If you are importing translations, then preferably maintain default value as well in import file as per your requirements.
FAQ - Additional Information
Q) Where can I get Guide?
A) Guide: Implementing the Metadata Framework (MDF)
Q) Data translations clarification
A) In Manage Data the customer can maintain translatable fields in multiple languages. This will be stored at the object instance level.
Example: Customer must log in in German and then maintain the field directly or if he is logged-in in English, he must go to the Translations popup (globe icon) and maintain the different languages from there.
Customer logged-in in US English and entered a German description directly in the field.
Result: German labels were actually stored in the US English field. Probably
This was of course then stored in the US English field.
Best option: add all trasnlation Via Import and export data See: 2277994 - How to Import Data for MDF Objects in SuccessFactors HXM Suite
- 2222723 - How to Change Country Name and Translations
- 2901047 How to maintain translation for FOs and GOs - Employee Central
- 2079466 - Managing Foundation Object Translations - Employee Central
- 2210145 - Do not see my language label for a translatable field on a MDF object
- 2507298 - Label Translations not Reflecting on Fields on MDF Object Definitions
- 2826293 - Country code showing Instead of Country Name for Country Fields
- 2171588 - OData API Metadata Refresh and Export - SuccessFactors
- 2589774 - MDF: MDF Object Definition to DB Sync
ECT-57794, translation, translatable fields, name is different, name mismatch, default translation, MDF, Metadata Framework, MDF , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-FOO , Foundation Objects (Organisation, Pay and Job Structures) , LOD-SF-MDF-MGD , Manage Data - Create, Update & Delete , How To