You will see this error in the project plan values related to expenses
SAP Business Bydesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Cost and Revenue work center.
- Choose the Projects view.
- Choose the Project XYZ (XYZ represents the Project name).
- Choose the View Plan Values button.
- You can see that some of the project tasks are in Error status marked in Red color.
- Choose a project task and navigate to the Messages tab here you can see the error message.
The project valuation will be failed for the respective Expenses, if the account determination group is not maintained or if the account is not maintained.
Kindly follow below steps to maintain the GL accounts for Account determination group for General expenses.
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Choose the Implementation Projects view.
- Choose Open Activity List button.
- Navigate to the Fine Tune tab.
- Search and choose Charts of Accounts, Financial Reporting Structures, Account Determination.
- Choose the Open button.
- Choose the Account Determination then Go to Costs.
- Choose the Account Determination Profile.
- Choose the Costs and then choose General expenses tab and maintain the Account Determination Group for General Expenses and also mainatin the respective GL Account under general expense column.
Error with expenses in project plan values,Cannot determine account origin for expense , KBA , AP-PRO , Project Processing , How To