- Sql queries referencing several tables run out of procedure cache on SAP ASE systems.
- On SAP BW systems, the offending (Datamart) queries are very complex referencing 15 or more tables.
- Almost all of the configured procedure cache space is used up for query compilation.
- The corresponding ASE process (spid) is in COMPILING status and terminates with Error 701:
Error: 701, Severity: 17, State: 3
There is not enough procedure cache to run this procedure, trigger, or SQL batch. Retry later, or ask your SA to reconfigure ASE with more procedure cache.
- Recommendations from SAP Note 1935087 are already implemented.
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0 for Business Suite
- SAP Business Warehouse - All versions
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0
SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise 16.0 ; SAP Business Warehouse all versions ; SAP NetWeaver 7.0 ; SAP NetWeaver 7.4 ; SAP enhancement package 1 for SAP NetWeaver 7.3
Datamart, COMPILING, 701, SQL701, "Error: 701", "procedure cache", CR806088, CR#806088, 806088, "trace flag", traceflag, 11838, restrictive_greedy , KBA , BW-SYS-DB-SYB , BW on Adaptive Server Enterprise , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Bug Filed
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.