Unable to Maintain Payment Information for any Employee. Error references the pay type value of the chosen Payment Method. Similar to: Sorry, the pay type of payment method Bank Transfer should not be empty. Please enter a value.
Employee Central – Payment Information
Reproducing the Issue
- Navigate to profile of an employee
- Attempt to maintain Payment Information of Employee by entering Payment Method, Pay Type and all other mandatory information
- Error displays advising the pay type of the chosen payment method cannot be empty even though a value has been chosen
The cause of this issue is due to custom payType being used but the configuration of the system delivered payType has been incorrectly adjusted.
payType field visiblity has been set to "Not Visible" on the Payment Information Detail Object.
- Navigate to Admin Center > Configure Object Definitions > PaymentInfromationDetailsV3
- Take Action > Make Correction
- Open details for the payType field
- Change Visiblity from "Not Visible" to "Editable"
Note: When using custom_payType, payType should only be hidden on the Payment Information UI and not on the Object to avoid this issue but allow for desired configuration.
payType, custom payType, Pay Type, should not be empty, Please enter a value, Payment Information , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-PAY , Payment Information (Bank Information) , LOD-SF-EC , Employee Central , Problem