Error message below is shown when viewing/accessing time off requests on Time Records tab in Time Administration Workbench:
"Retrieving absence data was not successful. One of the following reasons might apply: Please review the permission settings (Manage Permission Roles, Metadata Framework) and make sure that Metadata Framework Read/Write Permission is set. Refreshing the odata cache could also help via Refresh Metadata Cache. Open Configure Object Definition and check Visibility of following property on Object Definition. It should be set at least to Read Only: cannot filter on not visible property: userId."
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
- SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central - Time Off
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to any employee's Time Management section on People Profile then click Administer Time link then wait for the page to completely load.
- Time Off requests are not displayed under Time Records tab, instead, an error message is displayed.
Error occurs when userId field's visibility on Employee Time Object Definition is set to 'Not Visible'
@Product Support: See Internal Memo
1. Go to Admin Center > Configure Object Definitions.
2. In Configure Object Definitions page, select Object Definition from the first dropdown then select Employee Time from the second dropdown.
3. Click on Take Action > Make Correction and click Details link of the userId field then change Visibility from 'Not Visible' to at least 'Read Only'.
4. Click Done then Save to apply the changes to the Employee Time object definition.
- If the error message refers to a Country specific Employee Time object (e.g. EmployeeTimeFRA,EmployeeTimeMEX), please repeat steps 3 & 4 for the externalcode field on this object.
- If the error message refers to a Country specific Employee Time object (e.g. EmployeeTimeFRA,EmployeeTimeMEX), and if this object doesnt appear on the Configure Object Definitions Screen, please execute a one time "MDF Object Definition To DB SYNC" Job(Refer KBA '2534674') and then repeat steps 3 & 4
In Addition: Once all the changes are done, users should now be able to view and manage time off requests from the Time Records tab of the Time Administration Workbench page. If time records are still not displayed after the above changes have been applied, an OData API Metadata Refresh needs to be executed to clear the metadata cache. This can be done through Admin Center > OData API Metadata Refresh and Export option. See KBA 2171588 for more information and guidance on performing OData API Metadata Refresh and Export.
For more information on setting up permissions in Time Off for administrators, see Permissions for HR Administrator section of Employee Central Time Off Implementation Guide.
Time Off Request missing, Time Records, Absence, Leave Request, Employee Time, Time Off, Error, Workbench, COMDF_FILTER_ON_NOTVISIBLE_PROPERTY, "cannot filter on not visible property: userId", Retrieving absence data was not successful, Refresh Metadata Cache, OData API, MDF OData API, invalid property name(s)invalid property name(s): EmployeeTime/countryExtensionDEU , invalid property name(s): EmployeeTime/countryExtensionESP , invalid property name(s): EmployeeTime/countryExtensionMEX , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-TIM-UI , Team Absence Calender/ Workbench/ ESS UI's , LOD-SF-MDF-API , OData APIs & Integrations , Problem