You are unable to submit or simulate an Expense Report due to the error messages 'Calculation of settlement results could not be completed' and 'Maximum amount for meals not found for key ABC' (ABC represents the key).
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
Go to the Travel and Expenses work centre.
- Go to the Expense Reports subview.
- Show All Expense Reports and find Expense Report XYZ (XYZ represents the ID of the Expense Report).
- The status of Expense Report XYZ is Not Submitted.
- Open the Expense Report and click Edit.
- Click Submit or Simulate.
You receive the error messages:
'Calculation of settlement results could not be completed'
'Maximum amount for meals not found for key ABC'
The configuration of Expense Category Meals with Maximum Rate Per Day is wrong.
Go to the Business Configuration work centre.
- Go to the Overview subview.
- Find and open the activity Expense Reporting - Germany.
- Select the Edit Expense Types hyperlink.
- Search for the Expense Types DNNR and LNCH.
- You see that the checkbox Non-Travel-Related is marked.
This setup is not allowed since in Germany meal expenses have to be compared with a daily per diem rate which is not possible in non-travel related Expense Reports.
In this way, you should unmark the Non-Travel-Related checkbox for expense types DNNR and LNCH. After changing the setting and saving the changes, the expense report XYZ can be submitted.
Spesen, Spesenabrechnung, non-travel-related, Meals with Maximum Rate Per Day, DNNR, LNCH , KBA , SRD-FIN-ERM , Travel and Expense Management , How To