- Error 1166 is returned to the console when taking a database backup:
Msg 1166, Level 16, State 4
You cannot execute the command 'DUMP' on database 'my_db' because it was created with asynchronous initialization and it has not been fully initialized.
Retry the command later.
- When checking the ASE errorlog, a message may be seen for a failed database initialization
Asynchronous database initialization terminated prematurely for database 'my_db'.
Use DBCC DBREPAIR(my_db, async_database_init, start) to restart it if required as uninitialized pages will incur a small performance penalty when they are first referenced.
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7 & 16.0
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7 & 16.0 for Business Suite
- Configuration parameter "enable async database init" is ON (1).
sysattributes, Msg 1166, Level 16, State 4, DUMP, Asynchronous database initialization, SAP ASE , backup, 1166, "CRDB AUINIT", "async init", "asynchronous initialization" , KBA , BC-DB-SYB , Business Suite on Adaptive Server Enterprise , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.