Instance sync throws an error when pre-delivered MDF objects are synced
- Pre-delivered MDF objects include Time Off, that would be objects such as Holiday Calendar, Time Profile and Time Account Type.
Reproducing the Issue
1. Navigate to Manage Sync Packages or Instance sync Tool
2. Sync the objects.
3. Sync fails with an error.
Instance sync triggers full purge that is, data in the target is first deleted and then recreated if it is already existing. An 'incremental' purge is triggered via import/export and thus the issue doesn't appear while doing the import.
- This is a limit of the instance sync tool to sync pre-delivered MDF objects where it should ideally incrementally sync pre-delivered objects instead of trying to Full Purge replace them
To resolve this issue:
1. Export the objects from source and then import these into target as Incremental Load.
sync, mdf, time-off, pre-delivered, instance sync tool , KBA , LOD-SF-PLT-IST , Instance Sync Tool , Problem