Instance sync throws an error when pre-delivered MDF objects are synced
- Pre-delivered MDF objects include Time Off, that would be objects such as Holiday Calendar, Time Profile and Time Account Type.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
Reproducing the Issue
1. Navigate to Manage Sync Packages or Instance sync Tool
2. Sync the objects.
3. Sync fails with an error.
Instance sync triggers full purge that is, data in the target is first deleted and then re-created if it is already existing. An 'incremental' purge is triggered via import/export and thus the issue doesn't appear while doing the import.
- This is a limit of the instance sync tool to sync pre-delivered MDF objects where it should ideally incrementally sync pre-delivered objects instead of trying to Full Purge replace them
To resolve this issue:
1. Export the objects from source and then import these into target as Incremental Load.
Please open an case under the component LOD-SF-PLT-IST with below:
Timestamp and Data center or URL for Both instance
- Customer Name:
- Source CompanyID:
- Target CompanyID:
- Support Access to access both environment:
- step-by-step instructions on how to reproduce step or Video
- RBP (Role base Permission) Role name for User ID of logged in user when error occurred
- Which are the objects you are trying to sync?
- Attach the report about the last sync you have tried to do:
FAQ - Additional Information
Q) Where can I get information on this from the Guide?
A) Guide Implementing and Managing Instance Sync
- 2088055 - SuccessFactors Instance Synchronization Feature Guide & Need to Know Information
- 2596770 - Pre-delivered MDF objects throws an error on Instance Sync Tool
- 2277508 - SuccessFactors Cloud Manual Instance Refresh Process & FAQ
- 2313764 - Post Instance Refresh - Employee Central Considerations & FAQ
sync, mdf, time-off, pre-delivered, instance sync tool, TLS-8204 , KBA , LOD-SF-PLT-IST , Instance Sync Tool , LOD-SF-EC-ADM , Admin Tools (EC Core only) , Problem