You receive the following error when performing lifecycle management: 'The underlying connection was closed. A connection that was expected to be kept alive was closed by the server.'
SAP Cloud Applications Studio
Reproducing the Issue
Attempting to assemble and download results in a loss of connection to a server.
This is caused by a server timeout when attempting to assemble and download very large solutions.
Enable Assembly Split
- Open the solution you would like to assemble and download.
- On the Implementation Manager toolbar, click the Assemble and Download button. You will find a dropdown option to Enable Assembly Split.
- This enables you to view the individually listed out Activate, Assemble, and Download actions.
- The activate and assemble functions run as background jobs, and you can continue to work on other solutions in the system. The download activity, however, is a front-end process.
Note: Depending on the status of the solution, only the relevant action will be available for use. The following actions will be activated and available for use for:
● Activate: All solutions with ‘In Development’ status.
● Assemble: All solutions that have been successfully activated.
● Download: All solutions that have been successfully assembled.
- Click on Activate to activate the solution. The system activates the solution and makes it ready for Assembly.
- You can view the details for failed actions by selecting the Version History tab in the Implementation Manager.
- Click on Assembly, and the system checks the solution for consistency and then assembles it. Again, you will receive an auto-generated e-mail with the details of the success or failure of the assembly process. You can view the details for failed actions by logging on to the studio, and selecting the Version History tab in the Implementation Manager.
- After the assembly is completed, click on Download to download the zip file.
Server Time out, SDK, Asseble & download, Assembly split , KBA , AP-RC-BDS-LM , ByDesign Studio Lifecycle Management , How To