Field length in Object Definition and OData API dictionary is different.
SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite
Reproducing the Issue
Login on SuccessFactors
- Go to Admin Center
- Go to Configure Object Definitions
- Search for Object Definition: Legal Entity
- Verify the currency Field. Maximum Length is 255.
- Back to Admin Center
- Go to OData API Data Dictionary
- Select FOCompany on Name Search Field
- Search for currency on PropertyName. MaxLength field shows 128.
It's expected behavior for some fields. Example: currency field on FOCompany.
It's by design that in OData API max length of generic object currency field is 128 because the column length of GENERIC_OBJECT_T.EXTERNAL_CODE is 128 in the database side.
In OData API the value of currency (of FOCompany entity) is fetched from database column so the length cannot be more than 128.
- field length
- admin center > configure objects definitions
- OData API field length
- OData API data dictionary
SAP SuccessFactors HXM Core all versions