You try to delete a Sales Order, which is in Status In Preparation and you get Error Message 'Deleting document not possible; follow-up document exists'.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
Open Workcenter Sales Orders.
- Navigate to View Sales Orders.
- Find a Sales Order ABC, which is in Status In Preparation (ABC represents the Sales Order ID).
- Click on the Button Delete.
- You receive the Error Message 'Deleting document not possible; follow-up document exists'.
You have created a follow up task for the Sales Order and thus cannot delete the Sales Document, as long as the task is not deleted.
You need to delete the Follow-Up Task in order to delete the Sales Order.
To do so follow these steps:
Open Sales Order ABC.
- Navigate to Document Flow tab.
- Select Show: Extended View.
- You can see created Task with ID XXX (XXX represents the Task ID),
- Open the Account Management work center.
- Navigate to Activities view.
- Show All Activities and find Activity XXX.
- Click on the Delete Button.
- Navigate back to the Sales Order Overview and find Sales Order ABC.
- Now you can delete Sales Order ABC.
Sales Order Follow-Up Activities Calls E-Mail Task Delete , KBA , AP-SLO-SO , Sales Order , How To