You have a position already occupied with FTE = 1.
You have also a termination workflow pending approval for the current incumbent of the given position and same yet you are not able to hire a new employee.
SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central (EC) - All Versions
- You have position management enabled;
- You have Transition Period Configured
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a termination workflow to one employee and take note of his position;
- Now try to hire a new employee to that same position;
- See an error message that is not possible to assign an employee to a position already occupied;
The termination workflow is not Approved yet
Pending approval termination workflows are not considered because they can be either approved or declined which would cause inconsistencies in the position.
In order to use the transition period you must first approve the termination.
transition period termination workflow , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-POS , Position Management , How To
SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central all versions