MDF Portals such as Payment Information History shows irrelevant/additional fields in the change log such as "Modified" or "Added". These fields are not there when viewing Payment Information portlet. It's available only in History.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental
- MeteaData Framework (MDF)
- People Profile (PP3)
Reproducing the Issue
Navigate to an MDF Portlet such as Payment Information section of an employee.
- Click on History to see irrelevant fields on left hand side as shown below.
It is expected behaviour to see this Modified and Added fields when a record has been Modified or Inserted.
These fields will be displayed in both the history UI and in Manage Data.
These fields highlight what changes were made to the record.
Modified: the Modified field will be displayed if a field had it's values changed in this record. All fields which had values changed will be listed under the modified field.
Added: the Added field will be displayed if a row which was previously null, had a value added to it in this record. All fields which had a value added will be listed under the modified field.
Deleted: the Deleted field will show if a record has been changed via full purge.
- Prior to the b1808 release these fields were displayed multiple times for each record, this was corrected in the b1808 release.
- If the MDF object has a composit association these fields will be displayed twice, detailing the modified and added fields in the parent and then again for the child. This is still expected behavior post the b1808 release.
- If a row is Deleted, then the value will also show in the change, similar to above.
- If you are using Custom Country Specific Payment Information Detail Objects and have fields mapped to these Objects on your UI then an externalCode will be visible for each Object on users change history. This is regardless of whether you hide the fields via UI rule. The fields do render and are subsequently hidden by your UI rule(s) so an externalCode must be associated to each as a mapping reference.
ECT-52307, extra, additional, history, payment, info, modified, added, fields, payment info, payment information, mdf, custom mdf, mdf history, manage data, deleted , KBA , LOD-SF-MDF , Metadata Framework , LOD-SF-EC-MDF , MDF & EC2MDF Migration , LOD-SF-EC-PP3 , People Profile (PP3) , LOD-SF-EC-PAY , Payment Information (Bank Information) , Problem