With workflows configured for Copy of Positions from the Position Org,.
When Copying a position, you can view the copied Position without approving the workflow.
Created workflow can be viewed in Manage Workflow Requests.
Employee Central: Position Management
Reproducing the Issue
1. Configure Workflow Business Rule triggered as Validate Rule on the Position Org Chart.
2. Set "Respect Workflow at Copy Position in Position Organizational Chart" to Yes on the "UI Customizing tab of Position management Settings.
3. Navigate to the Position Org Chart
4. Copy a Position
5. New Positions is created and can been seen in the Position Org Chart without corresponding workflow being created.
6. Workflow can be seen, not approved in Manage Workflow Requests.
This is caused by the configuration.
Please check the following to resolve:
1. Pending Data on the Position Org Chart must be set to "Yes".
2. All workflow rules on the Position Org Chart must be triggered as Validate Rules.
3. The Workflow which is triggered, has all step approvers with "No Approver Behaviour" = "Skip this Step."
If the workflow cannot find the corresponding approvers for each steps, it will create the workflow (visible in Manage Workflow Requests) but will same the creation of the Position,
without approval due to this setting.
Please review the step approvers, so an approver can be found each time or set one of the position step approvers to be "No Approver Behaviour" = "Stop the Workflow."
Copy position, workflow, visible, see position, workflow not approved, no workflow, position org chart , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-POS , Position Management , Problem