Users are not able to delete effective dated records despite having all necessary permissions assigned.
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
Employee Central - Role Based Permissions
Reproducing the Issue
Users do not have the option to delete effective dated record / entries in Employee Central:
This issue can often be caused by users not having the necessary delete permission assigned for the portlet in question.
Please the following:
- Access ‘Manage Permission Roles’
- Navigate to the role that should provide the user with permissions to delete the record for the portlet in question (for example, compensation information)
- Click on ‘Employee Central Effective Dated Entries’
- Under ‘Compensation Information’ you need to scroll across and provide this role with the desired ‘Delete Permissions’ as shown in the screenshot below:
Once the necessary permissions for the record you are trying to delete have been added, the option to delete will appear:
FAQ - Additional Information
Q) Where can I get Guide?
A) Guide: Employee Central Master
Chapter: Employee Central Effective Dated Entities Permissions
- 2808336 - The 'Edit Link' Permission in Employee Central
- 2092785 - Employee Central:How to restrict manager's from making changes via job history: changes must be done via take action
- 2562775 - Which Permissions Control the Edit and Add Icons for the Job Relationship Portlet
- 2551015 - Is it possible to restrict Termination through Insert New Record?
- 2185734 - Disable Edit Mode in Job History
Delete Permissions, Cannot Delete, Effective Dated Entries, Comp Info, Job Info, Payment Info, Personal Info, MSS, Take Action , KBA , LOD-SF-EC , Employee Central , LOD-SF-EC-RBP , Roles & Permissions (EC Core only) , Problem