You have tried defining a customer defined document type beginning with the letter Z and see the error below
Error : ZXXXXXX is not a valid value for this field. Enter a valid value.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Business Configuration workcenter.
- Go to the Implementation Projects view.
- Select the Current Project.
- Click on Open Activity List.
- Select Fine Tune.
- Search and open activity Customer-defined document types for attachments.
- Select Add Row
- Enter the Document Type Code as ZXXXXXX (where XXXXXX is the type code value)
You will see that there is an error.
Customer-defined document types for attachments supports upto 5 characters in the type code definition including Z. Any type code definition value entered by you, if exceeds the permissible limit , will result in the error.
This is the expected system behavior.
Document Type Code attachments limit characters , KBA , error , business configuration , activity , document types , AP-RC-BCT , Business Config. Tools (SAP Business ByDesign , LOD-CRM-PRO , Products , LOD-CRM-ACT , Activities , LOD-LE-CQP , Customer Quote Processing , LOD-LE-CQP-CO , Lean Sales Orders , How To