In a project based Sales Order, the list price of a line item is greyed out and can no longer be edited, although the function for late changes for project-based services is activated.
SAP Business By Design
Reproducing the Issue
Go to the Sales Order Work Centre.
- Go to the Sales Orders View.
- Show All Orders and enter XXX in the Find Field. (XXX represents the ID of the Sales Order).
- Navigate to Items Tab.
For the line item, the list price is greyed out and cannot be edited.
The line item has a list price maintained and for products and services which have a list price maintained, the list price cannot be edited in a sales document.
For Project-based Services, you have the option to activate the question relating to late changes for sales of project-based Services in the Business Configuration:
- Go to Business Configuration Workcenter.
- Select your project and click on Open Project Scope.
- Navigate to the Questions step.
- Follow the path: Sales > Product and Service Portfolio for Sales > Sell Project-Based Products and Services > Group: Late changes for project based services.
- Activate the question : “Do you want to allow late changes to Quantity, Price and Ship-to for project-based services?”
The condition for this question is: “The Late Changes for project-Based Services business option allows you to make changes to Price, Quantity and Ship-To details of project-based service or expense items in a sales order until delivery or invoicing is not complete."
When this questions is activated, for project-based services in a Sales Order, the list price will remain editable a long as either the delivery status or the invoice status is still in process. Only if both status are complete, the list price will no longer be editable.
However, if the service has a list price maintained in the system, which is automatically filled when adding the line item to the sales order, this list prices will never be editable.
Project based Sales Order, list price, edit, late changes, project based services , KBA , edit , nachträgliche änderungen , project based sales order , project based products and services , projektbasierte produkte und service , list price , late changes , kundenauftrag , AP-SLO-SO , Sales Order , Problem