- A workflow related to creation of position is getting rejected if approver sends it back and initiator tries to resubmit the request.
- SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central - All Versions
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a new Position (It applies also for Copy Position and Add Lower position)
- Submit a Workflow
- Approver sends the workflow back to initiator requesting to update some information
- Initiator selects option "Update" make the changes and then he clicks on "resubmit" option
- When proxy as approver, no workflow is pending and if we check under "Manager workflow Requests" the workflow is rejected or canceled.
- After the updates, the system will check the rule that will trigger the workflow once again, it needs to match the rule condition again if not, the status will change to Rejected or Canceled. In the case of Position workflow, the condition of the rule is"If Position number is equal to Null", but once the workflow is triggered, this field is not null anymore, the position number or code is already filled by the system
- If you are triggering a different workflows for creation and update. The system will treat any changes made in the workflow step (even for creation workflows) as an update.
- You need to create a second rule for changes in position or change the IF statement of the rule where the system allows you to trigger the same rule when it updates some information.
2543684 - MDF Workflows: Initiator of an MDF Workflow will receive a "Declined" e-mail notification when an in-flight change is made
Employee Central, Workflow, Update, Rejected, Canceled, Position, sent back, sentback, send back, sendback, initiator, ECT-72677, ECT-82512 , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-WFL , Workflows - Configuration, Tools, Objects & Rules , LOD-SF-EC , Employee Central , How To
SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central all versions