You have set up a workflow rule which creates an Activity Task and find that the Task is created without Account.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
Prerequisite: You have created a workflow task which creates an Activity Task which is correctly executing. As example we are using the BO: Opportunities.
Go to the Sales workcenter.
- Go to the Opportunities view.
- Create an Opportunity ABC (ABC represents the opportunity name) which reaches the conditions to trigger the workflow.
- An Activity Task DEF (DEF represents the activity task name) is successfully created through the triggered workflow rule.
- Go to the Activities workcenter.
- Go to the Tasks view.
- Open DEF.
- The Account is not automatically populated on the Task, the Account field is empty.
This needs to be set under Workflow Settings.
If you want the Account and Contact to be filled from the source object on which the workflow is configured, please follow the steps:
- Go to the Administrator workcenter.
- Open the Workflow Rules.
- Select the relevant workflow rule.
- Click on More button and select Workflow Settings.
- Check the checkbox: Determine Account and Contact from source object for the Activities created through Workflow Rules.
- Click Save.
Please note that this behavior will be effective for all the Activities (Email/SMS/Task) and not just for Tasks.
Alternatively, you can add the Account as a Placeholder (in the subject or note, for example) of the Activity Task that is being created. However, that will not create a value for the actual field 'Account'. In the Task you can go to the facets Related Items or Document flow to see which object preceded it and open this (or hover over it) to see the account.
Activity Task, Task, Workflow rule, Account missing, no account , KBA , LOD-CRM-WKF , Workflow , How To