This KB article explains the section permission types used in Performance Form and 360 Multi-Rater Review Templates
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors Performance Management
- SAP SuccessFactors 360 Multi-Rater
Reproducing the Issue
- To set the Section permissions, go to Admin Center > Manage Template.
- Select the section you wish to update.
- Click on Show Advanced options.
- Click "Section Permission(s) defined. Click to modify."
You may choose the section permission types, roles, and route steps to create your permission set:
- It is important to understand that for field and section permissions, the permissions are enabled for ALL users and ALL sections by default. You must then limit access to users from there.
- Unless section permissions types are configured properly, a section may be visible or hidden to the wrong people at the wrong steps. It is impossible for anyone but the customer to know what is right or wrong for them.
- For example, some customers want to hide sections from the Employee (E) at the completed stage, whereas other customers may want to show everything to the Employee at the completed stage.
- For the section permission, as all sections are enabled by default, you will want to indicate the route map steps in which you want to hide the section.
- Any section that you desire the role to see in the completed stage should not be hidden with the global permission "*" for all steps.
Section types explained:
- Hidden - The user cannot see the section
- Disabled - The user can see the section, however the fields are read-only
- Enabled - The user can see the section
Performance Form Template, enabled, disabled, hidden, access, manage templates, field, button, permission, SF, success factors, PMGM, PM , KBA , LOD-SF-PM-FRM , Forms & Templates , LOD-SF-MTR-FRM , Forms and Templates , How To
SAP SuccessFactors Performance & Goals all versions