When checking the consistency of the production model, you receive an error message :
Line item group not assigned to bill of material variant Production segment not consistent
though the line items have been assigned in the Production BoM to the variant.
SAP Business ByDesign [All Versions]
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Planning and Production Master Data work center.
- Select the Production Model view and choose any Production Model ID and edit it.
- In the opened window, go to the Bill of Operations -> Product Assignment tab, select an activity.
- In the table below, under the Bill of Material tab, choose any Line Item Group ID,which has not been assigned to any activity yet.
- Select the Open Bill Of Material button and then Edit the Bill of Material Variant.
- In the opened window, unassign the Line Item Group ID from the BoM variant, check the consistency of the BoM and save it.
- Now, go back to the Production Model from where you navigated to the Bill Of Material Variant and assign the Line Item Group ID to the activity.
- Save the Production Model and close the window.
- Open the production model ID again and do a Check Consistency, the system throws the error message now.
Note : Do not Close Production Model, while making changes in the Production BoM Variant.
The main cause for this issue is that the Product Assignment details of the Production Model does not get refreshed when we edit the Bill Of Material Variant of that Production Model in the same session.
In order to make the Production Model consistent kindly follow the below mentioned steps:
- Go to the Planning and production Master Data work center.
- Edit the respective Production Model and go to the General tab.
- Under the Details section remove the BoM variant ID and do the check consistency again.
- Still the error occurs saying production BoM variant not assigned.
- Now select the value help for the BoM variant ID field and choose the Production BoM.
- Then go to the Bill of Operations tab -> Product Assignment sub-tab, choose the element ID and perform Assign line Item group to Activity for all the products.
- Then do the Check Consistency again, the production model will be consistent now.
You can avoid this issue in future by refreshing the Production Model view after we save the changes in the Bill Of Materials Variant. You can refresh the Production Model by reopening the Production Model again.
production model, consistency, Bill Of Materials Variant, Item group , KBA , production model, consistency,item group , AP-PE , Production , Problem