Refer a Friend tool gives an error when you are trying to refer someone that already applied already exists on the requisition.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Management
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Internal Career site;
- Search for a job requisition;
- Click 'Select action' then 'Refer Friend to Job';
- Try to refer a user and you receive the following error: "The person you are trying to refer already exists on the job. Please refer this person to another job";
- Do a candidate search or view the candidate summary of the requisition where you can verify that the candidate haven't submitted his' application;
- The candidate created a job application, but didn't apply, just saved it.
- Your instance is configured with Ownership by Duration.
- Candidate can check if they have only saved application (draft) on the career site in Job Management > Saved Applications instead of submiting it.
- On your instance search for "Employee Referral Program Setup", there check if the option "Ownership by Duration For Employee Referral Program" is enabled. If this option is enabled it means that only the user who referred the candidate for the first time will be able to referral to any other requisition during the time configured there in "Employee shall maintain the ownership over a referral for [NUMBER] days". Any other user that tries to referral to any other requisition, will get the mentioned error.
Employee, existing, referral, Refer, friend, INC1281814, RCM, job, career site, requisition, candidate, draft, application, job management , KBA , LOD-SF-RCM-JOB , Job Postings & Requisitions , Problem
SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting all versions