Custom Placeholder field value is not appearing in Custom Workflow Notification
- SAP SuccessFactors HCM Core
- Employee Central
- Manage Document Template Mapping
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a document generation group.
- Define an email template and assign the document generation group.
- Define the mapping for your placeholder.
- Create a workflow email configuration.
- Assign the workflow email configuration at the workflow configuration step level.
- Trigger Workflow
- Value that should be returned by the placeholder mapped in step 3 is blank in the notification.
This occurs if the value the placeholder is trying to return is being set by an onInit or onView rule.
- As any value being set by onInit or onView rules does not exist within the database, it cannot be queried and so cannot be returned.
- Therefore the only resolution is to change configuration so that an actual value is set in the field in use by the placeholder.
SF, success factors, EC, blank field value, placeholder, missing value, no data , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-WFL , Workflows - Configuration, Tools, Objects & Rules , LOD-SF-EC , Employee Central , Problem
SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central all versions ; SAP SuccessFactors HXM Core all versions