- Table t1 has update trigger which inserts data from internal deleted into table t2;
- Table t1/t2 schemas are modified by command 'alter table ... drop column with NO DATACOPY';
- The update trigger of t1 has been recreated afer table schema changed;
- Following problems start to happen after 'reorg rebuild' being run on table t1:
* 'Invalid column length' messages may display in ASE errorlog file like below:
Invalid column length: 11. Value must be between 0 and 1 at offset -17 for 'data-only' row with minimum row length of 46.
* New inserted data rows in t2 show data corruption.
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7 SP138/139
SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise 15.7
'Invalid column length', 'NO DATACOPY', alter table drop column, CR#803870, 803870, CR 803870, reorg rebuild, , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.