You are trying to release an invoice in a third-party scenario.
- When trying to release the invoice, you receive the error message 'Document Numbering Rule for Country France missing' although you have a document numbering rule for France maintained.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
Go to the Customer Invoicing Workcenter.
- Go to the Invoice Requests View.
- Select the Outbound Delivery invoice request of your third party scenario.
- Click on Invoice.
- Click on Release.
You receive the error Document Numbering Rule for Country France missing and the order cannot be released.
- In this third part scenario, while the seller is in Germany, both the Ship-From and Ship-To are in France.
- The account and Bill-To is also in France and the business process will be invoiced with a French VAT rate.
- This business process is invoiced as a domestic transaction.
Verify the setup of the document numbering rule for country France in your business configuration:
Go to the Business Configuration Workcenter.
- Go to the Overview.
- Find the Document Numbering for Customer Invoices Activity.
- Use the Define document numbering formats for France and Italy link.
- For country France, only a rule for EU customers is maintained.
As this is a domestic transaction, maintain a document numbering rule for Domestic Customer for country France as well.
customer invoice, document numbering, rule missing, EU customer, domestic customer, third party , KBA , customer invoice , third party , kundenrechnung , document numbering rule , streckengeschäft , AP-CI-CI , Customer Invoice , Problem