Requirement: Capture Pay Scale information on Position object
Configuration Question: Pay Scale fields have been added to the Position object, but they do not automatically filter the values based on Country (as they do in Job Information)
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central
This requires custom configuration as Pay Scale fields and filter logic are not pre-delivered as part of the Position object
This is a custom configuration and the steps below must be implemented to the Position object in order to be able to capture Pay Scale information on a Position
NOTE: The "Adjust Employees' Compensation to Tariff Changes" (Manage Pay Increases) feature is only supported for Pay Increase updates to Job Information - this does not support managing Pay Increases for Positions.
NOTE 2: This configuration is only supported for Object based Pay Scale Structures. If you are using Picklists (in Job Information) for Pay Scale Area/Type fields, then you must first migrate these picklists to objects - please refer to 2251792 - Migrating Picklist values for Pay Scale Type and Pay Scale Area to MDF Objects
For more information about Pay Scales and Pay Scale Structure, please refer to the "Implementing and Configuring Employee Payments in employee Central > Pay Scale" Admin Guide.
- Create a new custom "Country" field in the Position object
- Create a new Business Rule to set Country value automatically
- Add the Pay Scale fields to the Position object and include their Field Criteria for filtering
Configuring Pay Scale fields in Position
1) Create a new custom "Country" field in the Position object:
- Type = Generic Object
- Valid Values Source = Country
- Visibiity = Read-Only
- Required = No
Save the Position before continuing (so the field is available)
2) Create a new Business Rule to set Country value automatically:
- Base Object = Position
- IF = Position.Company is not equal to NULL
- THEN = Set Position.Country to be equal to Position.Company.Country
Add the rule as onChange to the "company" field in the Position object > save the change
3) Add the Pay Scale fields to the Position object and include their Field Criteria for filtering:
- NOTE 1: Add the fields to the Position object first > then save > then edit the Position object again and add the Field Criteria).
- NOTE 2: Please use the same naming convention for the fields as per the images below (when you add the field to the Position object, the "cust_" is added automatically)
- NOTE 3: Please note that only the Pay Scale Level field is filtering based on an Association. The other 3 objects are filtering based on Field. Make sure to follow the Field Criteria defined in the images below:
EC, employee central, position management, pay scales, associations, field-criteria, value help, payScaleType, payScaleArea, payScaleGroup, payScaleLevel , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-POS , Position Management , How To