You are facing errors when confirming Production Tasks which contain Product with the Serial Number Profile: Mandatory on all Logistics & Production Processes, and you need to enter a Serial Number.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Execution work center.
- Select the Production Tasks view.
- Search and select the relevant Production Task.
- Select Confirm.
- Select the Output Product.
- Select Serial Number tab.
- Enter a Serial Number of your choice.
The system displays the errors messages:
- Serial number ABC does not exist in inventory
- Serial number ABC cannot be received to the logistics area
(ABC represents the Serial Number ID you entered)
You cannot create a Serial Number when confirming the Task. You have to enter a Serial Number which already exists in the system.
You can check the existing Serial Number by following the steps below:
- Go to Production Control.
- Select Serial Inventory Overview common task.
- Search for the Output Product of the relevant Task.
- Select Go.
- Check the available Serial Numbers. You will be able to enter any of them in the Production Task.
Serial number cannot be received to the logistics area Production Task Serial Number , KBA , serial number cannot be received to the , production task , serial number , AP-PE-TSK , Production Task , Problem