User completed newer revision of an item (which is not listed in the Curricula) and got completion for older revision of item as well (which is still listed in the Curricula).
User has completed an item with revision date 07/Dec/20 but revision date for the item in curriculum is 25/Jul/20.
In other words, the user completed a newer revision of the item and was assigned to a curriculum which had an older revision of that item.
The user received credit for older revision of item, and marked as complete for the curriculum though he has not completed the revision listed in the curriculum, but a more recent revision.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP Successfactors Learning
Reproducing the Issue
- Log in as an admin in LMS >
- Create a new version of an existing item >
- Assign the new item revision to user and let user complete it >
- Create a curricula with the old item in it >
- Assign the curricula to the user >
- The curricula will be listed as completed.
This is due to one of the configurations in Global variables called "Completion of later Item revision grants credit for previous revision assignment in Curricula".
- Log in as an admin to LMS >
- Navigate to System Administration > Configuration > Global application Settings >
- You will see a setting named 'Completion of later Item revision grants credit for previous revision assignment in Curricula' >
- If the checkbox is flagged, user will get the credit for the older item existing in the curricula, after he/she completes the newer revision.
- If the checkbox is not flagged, the older item existing in the curriculum will not get the credit after user completes the newer revision of item.
If you wish to have the curricula to be marked as complete, please ensure that the setting is checked.
If you do not wish to grant credit for an old item in curricula even if the user has completed the newer version, then ensure that the checkbox is not flagged.
- Click "Apply changes" if applicable.
NOTE: The setting explained in Step 3 is not retroactive, that is, will be effective from the date the change is being made. Meaning that the completions granted - or not granted - previous to the revision of this setting will have any impact, only the completions granted after this revision.
Completion of later Item revision grants credit for previous revision assignment in Curricula, curricula marked complete, newer revision, user did not complete old revision, curricula, revision, item revision, new, old, complete, completion to older revision. , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-CUR , Curricula , LOD-SF-LMS , Learning Management System , Problem