- An EXCLUSIVE TABLE lock does not lock dependent VIEWs causing DDL like ALTER TABLE to later fail should a shared lock on a view exist
- Requirement for an exclusive lock on a table to mean just that, that the table is exclusively locked and no other lock or dependant lock further down the locking hierarchy is permitted.
- SAP IQ 15.4 all platforms
- SAP IQ 16.0 all platforms
- SAP IQ 16.1 all platforms
NFR, sybase, IQ16, tablelock, CR811230, CR#811230, 811230, CR819916, CR#819916, 819916, enhancement, viewlock, 'SQLCODE=-210', 'another user', 'has the row in', locked, 40001, state, ODBC, invalid, 'alter view', , KBA , BC-SYB-IQ , Sybase IQ , Product Enhancement
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.