When navigating to the Job information History of a User, you receive an Application Error with fingerprint=4f71e087fd6a4c0a6bbc5cf7fa860e4e8a6cb69a
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- Employee Central - Job Information History
- Employee Central - People Profile
Reproducing the Issue
Navigate to the Employee Profile of a user
- Scroll down to 'Job Information' > Click on the 'History' button
- After you click the 'History' button, you get the Application error
There can be two known causes of this issue:
- There is no name data maintained for this user or for his manager, which can be the case if the user was created via import with the incorrect import sequence. The system is attempting to match the Job History to the name of the user, if the user's name is not maintained the system will throw the error.
To verify that this user or his manager don't not have name data maintained:
Navigate to Admin Center -> Employee Export -> Export User File
Open the Excel File -> Filter on the User ID of the affected User
- Note that there is no data in the fields 'FIRSTNAME' and 'LASTNAME'
- The Job Information is corrupted.
If the FIRSTNAME and LASTNAME are blank for this user or his manager, you will need to re-import the Basic User Info for this user, making sure to maintain the user's 'FIRSTNAME' and 'LASTNAME'. After this you will be able to access the user's Job information History
Do a Job History Full Purge Import following this KBA:
2317955 - Correct or Remove Job Information Via Import in Full Purge Mode - EC
fingerprint=4f71e087fd6a4c0a6bbc5cf7fa860e4e8a6cb69a, 4f71e087fd6a4c0a6bbc5cf7fa860e4e8a6cb69a, Job History, Application Error, Basic Import, Job Information, Personal Information , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-PER , Person Data (All Person Data Types) , LOD-SF-EC-JOB , Job Information , Problem