External code is not available for specific field in Canvas - Advanced Reporting
- Only the Label and the Internal Code or ID of that field are showing
For example: Advanced Reporting shows internal code for Pay Grade from Global Job Information and Position objects instead of external code
- SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
- Canvas - Advanced Reporting
All picklist fields or Foundation Object fields in Advanced Reporting appear this way and have separate fields for internal codes and label/names. It is also by design that we only expose the label field for non-MDF Foundation Objects. If you need to get the other info related to the FO, e.g external code or ID, please add a join to the specific table in the query.
- This is the correct behavior for Pay Grade from Global Job Information and Position objects. These objects will expose Internal Code as this is the actual value that is stored in the database table. If the External Code field is required then please add a join to Foundation Objects > Pay Grade and select Pay Grade (Name) field (field comparison filter).
This applies to other Foundation Objects as well.
For Pay Component, only internal code is available from Compensation object.
1. From Compensation open the list of joins and select Foundation Objects > Pay Component
2. Add the needed fields, e.g. Pay Component ID, which will return External Code rather than system Internal Code.
- Another possible workaround is to configure a custom Pay Grade field (in the EC or data model config) and store an external value for it.
External code field is not available showing Advanced Reporting realms non mdf foundation object, Pay Grade internal code, Pay grade External code, jobinfo, position pay grade, advanced reporting, ODS, Pay Grade label, Canvas, Pay component, internal code, external code, pay component ID , KBA , LOD-SF-ANA , Analytics & Reporting (Ad Hoc, YouCalc, ORD) , LOD-SF-ANA-ADV , Advanced Reporting (ODS) , How To