SAP ASE 16.0 systems running SAP applications have "index compression" enabled by default.
Recently upgraded these SAP ASE systems to SAP ASE 16.0 SP02 PL07.
- A LOAD TRANSACTION command fails with an "infected with signal 11" error followed by a stack trace:
Current process (0x4d0027) infected with signal 11 (SIGSEGV)
Address 0x0x0000000000966006 (index_compress_page_with_prefix+0x4ef), siginfo (code, address) = (1, 0x0x0000000000000570)
- The stack trace includes modules:
Note: A complete stack trace is available under Attachments.
- This error is followed by several warnings about a memory buffer found in a predirty state during the termination of process, for example:
WARNING: Pss 0x0x00002aab07260d88 found with open sdes. pspid 27, psuid 4, pcurdb 1, system table entry 3, sdesp 0x0x00002aaaf1b43480, objid 8.
WARNING: Pss 0x0x00002aab07260d88 found with open sdes. pspid 27, psuid 4, pcurdb 1, system table entry 5, sdesp 0x0x00002aaaf1b3fcf0, objid 1.
- And Error 6103:
6103, Severity: 17, State: 1
Unable to do cleanup for the killed process; received Msg 834.
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0 SP02 PL07 for Business Suite
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0 SP02 PL07
compressed, CR813852, CR#813852, 813852, REORG, REBUILD, tran, SEGV, segmentation, storage, access, violation, fault, segfault, kisignal, stacktrace, registers , KBA , BC-DB-SYB , Business Suite on Adaptive Server Enterprise , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Bug Filed
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.