A custom attachment field has been enabled on the 'AlertMessage' Object Definition, however, the attachment is not sent with the alert email.
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central - EC Alerts and Notifications
Reproducing the Issue
- Navigate to Configure Object Definitions
- Select Object Definition and 'AlertMessage' as the object type
- Click on 'Take Action, Make Correction'
- Add the custom attachment field and save
5. The Attachment field is visible under 'Manage Data', 'Alert Message', but when the alert is triggered and the email is sent, no attachment is sent with it
Currently SuccessFactors does not support using the attachment field in alert message object to the email that is sent. Only 4 fields are currently in use and supported; We do not support the use of any other custom-field:
1. Alert header
2. Alert description
3. Alert header localized
4. Alert description localized
As a workaround, the file can be hosted on your behalf and a link to the desired attachment can be provided. To explore this option we kindly request for you to create a case with our Platform Team under the following component: LOD-SF-PLT
For detailed steps on how to raise an enhancement request please follow the Knowledge Base Article (KBA) 2090228 on "How to submit an enhancement request".
2090228 - How to submit an enhancement request
Alert Message, Add, Custom Field, Attachment , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-ALR , Alerts & Notifications (saveAlert - EC Core only) , Problem