- For HRIS Workflows and MDF Workflows, Data Blocking is available only for completed Workflows
- Workflows that have the status Approved, Rejected, or Canceled.
- The completed workflows can only be viewed by users with the correct permissions.
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
- SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
- SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central
How to enable the "View Completed Workflows" permission in Role-Based Permissions:
1. Enable the feature
Navigate to Admin Center > Platform Feature Settings
Enable "Add Permission: View Completed Workflows"
2. Grant permission to a Permission Role
Navigate to Admin Center > Manage Permission Roles
Edit the role in question
Go down to Administrator Permissions > Manage Workflows
Enable "View Completed Workflows"
Click "Save Changes"
- If this Data Blocking is enabled in the environment, anyone listed as a CC User on a workflow has to have this permission in order to receive Workflow Notifications on the "My Notifications" section on the "My Pending Requests" page
- If they do not have this permission: Expected Behaviors:
- The CC User will only receive the e-mail notification
- The system will not trigger an entry in My Notifications section on the "My Pending Requests Page
- The user also has to have a unique e-mail address that is not used by any other users in the system
- This is dependency that the system uses in order to resolve the correct data for the workflow notifications
- Users have to have this permission in order to see completed workflow details
- Else an error will populate:
- You do not have the necessary permissions
FAQ - Additional Information
Q) Where can I get Guide?
A) Guide: Implementing and Administering Workflows in Employee Central
Chapter: Granting Permission for Viewing Completed Workflows
- 2646054 - Role-Based Permissions take preference over field level visibility
- 2080722 - How to manage & modify a Workflow that is in progress - Employee Central
- 2412557 - Workflow does not respect permissions
- 2487801 - Job Code is visible in My Workflow request page even though no RBP permission is provided
- 2080181 - Respect Permission Functionality in Workflow Configurations - EC
- 2720480 - Does Manage Workflow Requests Respect Permissions?
- 2616208 - Workflows: How to enable the "View Completed Workflows" permission in Role-Based Permissions (Data Blocking)
ECT-105783, ECT-83139, data blocking, workflows, ec, employee central, mdf, data protection and privacy, My Pending Requests, pending workflow, notifications, SFSF, SFEC, success factors, Permission, View Completed Workflows , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-WFL , Workflows - Configuration, Tools, Objects & Rules , How To