You are creating a new Tax Payment and you cannot choose which bank account to use.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
Go to the Tax Management Work Center.
- Go to the Tax Returns View.
- Go to the Sales and Use Tax Returns Subview.
- Show Reported Tax Returns.
- Select the tax return you want to pay.
- Click Pay.
- It will open a new screen for a new Tax Payment.
There is no option to select the bank account.
For internally initiated tax payments the bank account to be used is determined automatically by the system and cannot be entered manually.
- Go to the Business Configuration Work Center.
- Go to the Overview View.
- Search and open the activity Global Settings for Payment.
- Click Change Immediately.
- Click Prioritize Bank Accounts and Payment Methods.
- There it can be specified in which order the bank accounts should be considered.
With the same method, the bank account for the tax payments is also determined.
As an alternative, you may also create the tax payment externally (outside Tax Management work center) via Payment Managements -> New e.g. Outgoing Bank Transfer. Within this new payment, you specify the Tax Authority and payee and define the required amounts. It is not required to specify any open item reference at this moment, once this payment is posted, the system understands that the payee is a tax authority and creates the Tax Payment accordingly for you to match with your tax returns via Tax Management -> Tax Payments.
The same can be done when there is a receivable amount from the tax authority by creating an incoming payment with the tax authority as payer.
Tax payment, Bank Account , KBA , bank account , tax payment , AP-DUE-TDP , Tax Due Payment , How To