The candidate had a resume uploaded to their candidate profile before applying to a job requisition. They then applied to a job requisition, and the resume in their candidate profile synced to the application. The candidate then returns to their application and uploads a new resume.
When the recruiter views the application, they are still seeing the original resume, and not the resume that was updated my the candidate.
SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Management
Reproducing the Issue
- Candidate > Upload a resume in your candidate profile
- Candidate > Apply to a job requisition
- Recruiter > Open the job requisition
- Recruiter > Open the application of this candidate
- Candidate > Upload a new version of the resume in the candidate profile
As you can see, the resume in the application of the candidate was not updated.
There are two possible causes for this:
- This is happening because of a functionality called Candidate Application Snapshot. The Candidate Application Snapshot is a feature that when the recruiter first views or clicks in the application of the candidate, it will create a snapshot/version of the candidates application, storing the information as it is on that specific moment.
- Even if the snapshot hasn't been taken yet, updating the resume won't replicate to the job application because the job application's resume can only be edited if a candidate goes to their job application and edit it there, in different stages.
For Cause 1:
Grant permission to EDIT_CANDIDATE_SNAPSHOT button, which is going to allow you to change the candidate snapshot, and update the information.
Any changes on the Candidate Profile is not reflected in the Application snapshot, no matter which permissions are defined. The changes have only one possible direction: from Application to Candidate Profile.
For Cause 2:
The way the system is designed, the resume field won't be updated if the candidate had already applied to a job requisition and after that the candidate goes to the candidate profile and edits the resume there. That is to avoid having incorrect resumes being updated in previous job applications, unintentionally. So, to have a resume updated by a candidate in a job application, they need to have the permission to edit the Resume field in the job application and, for multi-stage environments, in the status they are as well.
2081624 - Edit Candidate Profile Snapshot - Recruiting Management
2343932 - Application - Implementation Tips & Tricks from Support - Recruiting Management
Candidate Profile, Snapshot, Resume, Update, Application, EDIT_CANDIDATE_SNAPSHOT , KBA , LOD-SF-RCM-APP , Applicants and Job Applications , How To