You are trying to submit a leave request and when you click in submit you get an error as below:
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
- You are using Time Off;
- You are using workflows to approve the leave requests;
- You are requesting as EMPLOYEE not as manager;
- You are using cancelation workflow
- Under employee time you have configured a business rule to get the workflow from the time type (see example below);
Reproducing the Issue
- As an employee, go to Time Off;
- Select the time type and the day in the calendar you want to submite the leave request;
- Click in submit and get the error;
The original workflow for this time type was deleted from the system.
When you configure a time type you can define a workflow for approve and you can also define if this workflow will also work for the cancelations.
If after you configure your time type, if you go to Manage Organization, Pay and Job Structures and delete the workflow, it will be removed from the time type but the option Activate Cancellation Workflow will remain as "Yes" causing the issue described.
(IMAGE FROM DEMO INSTANCE)
To solve this issue, please go to:
- Manage Time Off Structures;
- Chose Time Type;
- Chose the Time Type you are getting the error (in this example was RB- Medical Leave);
- Edit this time type and perform one of the below corrections:
- Change Activate Cancellation Workflow to "No";
- Add a new workflow in the field "Workflow Configuration";
workflows leave request time off workflows , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-TIM , Time Off , How To