- You maintain a Service (not project-based) in a Sales Order item and set the Fulfillment to External.
- You expect that, after you release the Sales Order to Service Execution, a Purchase Request for the respective Supplier is triggered.
- However, no such request gets generated.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Sales Orders work center.
- Select the Sales Orders view.
- Select Sales Order ABC (ABC represents the ID of the Sales Order).
- Click the Edit button.
- Click the View All button.
- Navigate to the Items tab.
- Select item ABC-XX with item type Service (ABC-XX represents the Sales Order Service item set to External Fulfillment).
- Change the Fulfillment to External and enter a Supplier.
- Press Submit and Release Order.
- Enter the Sales Order again and press Submit. This time select Release to Service Execution.
After the Release no Purchase Request is generated.
This is not supported currently in Bydesign.
For External Service execution based on a Sales Order you need to create a Purchase Order to the Supplier manually and account the respective Purchase Order item to the respective Sales Order item, here ABC-XX.
You need to create a goods receipt for the Purchase Order as well as a Service Confirmation from the Sales Order.*
*Ensure that the costs maintained for the Sales Order/Service Confirmation item equal the expense amount ordered in the Purchase Order.
Third-Party Field Service and Repair
Sales Order; External; Fulfillment; Purchase Request; , KBA , AP-SLO-SO , Sales Order , Problem