You created a Survey with questions created in one language, but when you check the Results tab logged in with another language, you cannot see any graphs being shown and you don't see any description or questions maintained in the survey.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP Hybris Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
Prerequisite: Create a survey ABC (ABC represents the survey name) and fill in all mandatory data with language L1 (L1 represents the language).
Logon to the system using language L2 (L2 represents a different language).
Go to the Surveys work center.
- Go to the Surveys view.
- Open the survey ABC.
- Open the Results facet.
- No graphs are shown, no questions or descriptions are shown.
You created the survey in one language L1 without translation and then logged into the system with another language L2, to which the survey text/data was not translated. If the survey text (questions, descriptions, and so on) were not translated, the text (questions, etc.) as well as the graphs in the results facet will only show with the original logon language.
Translate all surveys to the languages you require using them in.
- Create the survey in the default language.
- Log on in the other language.
- Edit the survey and add the missing texts.
From the 1805 release onwards it will be possible to do all translations with one logon. For this you need to add the survey languages that you want to have available in the Details facet of the Survey.
NOTE: Currently the Survey Answer globe icon is hidden by default.
- Go to the Surveys work center.
- Go to the Surveys view.
- Create a new Survey or open an existing one.
- On the Details facet, click the globe icon next to the survey Name field.
- Click Add to add languages.
- Enter the survey name for each language you wish to add.
- Click OK.
- Go to the Design facet and enter the needed data in the first language.
- Go back to the Details facet and again click the globe icon next to the survey Name field.
- Click Update Languages.
- Go to the Design facet.
- Click the hyperlink of a question type to edit it.
- Next to the question, Additional Information and Question Short Description you can click the globe icon to edit the different languages.
Note, for newly entered data (questions/ answers) you need to repeat step 11. Update Languages on the Details facet.
Once a language is added in the details page using the Globe icon, the Update Languages button should be clicked for the languages to be propagated across all descriptions.
Also, for Update Languages to add the list of languages to all descriptions, the questions are expected to be created before.
Update languages will update all the available descriptions with the list of languages maintained in the Details page.
2537552 - Survey Question Language not Maintained - Hybris
graph, survey, language, English, German, blank, Umfrage, fehlt, missing, not showing, graphic, result, Sprache, , KBA , LOD-LE-SUR-DEF , Survey definition = design time , Problem