When a Custom CDS view has a status of "Not Released", it cannot be seen in Query Browser application or Custom CDS View application.
However; the user can see the CDS View in the KPI application when trying to select a data source during the creation.
SAP S/4HANA Cloud Platform 1802
Reproducing the Issue
Login to Fiori Launchpad
- Open Query Browser tile
- Search for the CDS view
- It is not found
- Go to Create a KPI tile
- Create a new KPI
- Select the CDS view that was not found in step 4 under Data Source
- The View is found but it has a status of "Not Released"
CDS Views with status not released cannot be seen in any applications
- When creating a KPI under Data Source, the user can see the unreleased version of the CDS View
In 1802 the unreleased CDS version will not be shown in any application except when creating a KPI, the user can see it under Data Source
- In 1802 All applications will only show released versions of the CDS Views
- In 1805 the user will no longer be able to see the unreleased version of a CDS view even under the Data Source when creating a KPI
- In 1808 the user will be able to see in the Query Browser application the unreleased version of the CDS View
CDS View no released, CDS views Data Source not released , KBA , CA-GTF-SB-S4H-DT , SAP Smart Business S4H - Design Time , Problem