When creating a new service order you receive the error message 'Party with role Sales Unit missing; maintain in Involved Parties tab', but you expect it to be automatically determined.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Service Orders work center.
- In the Common Tasks, choose New Service Order.
- Add the Account ABC (ABC represents the ID of the account).
You receive the error message 'Party with role Sales Unit missing; maintain in Involved Parties tab'.
Your master data needs to be maintained correctly for the automatic determination of the sales unit.
You have two options for removing the error message from the Service Order:
- Manually add the Service Execution Team in the General tab of the Service Order.
- Create a work distribution rule for the automatic determination of the Service Execution Team.
You can create a work distribution rule for determination of the Service Execution Team following these steps:
- Go to the Organizational Management work center.
- Go to the Organization Work Distribution view.
- Select Service Execution Team for Service Orders under Business Area: Service and Support.
- Edit the Service Execution Team for Service Orders.
- Maintain a rule, it will ensure the automatic determination of Service Execution Team and Service Organization in the Service Orders.
- Save your changes.
Note: The above rule is relevant only if there is a sales unit above the service execution unit or if this service execution unit is also set as a sales unit.
If this is not the case, you need to maintain a rule for the Sales Unit for Sales and deactivate the Step 1 - Sales Unit of Service Execution Team, in the fine tuning activity Involved Parties for Service Orders:
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Go to the Implementation Projects view.
- Select the respective Implementation Project and click on Open Activity List.
- Navigate to the Fine Tune tab.
- Open the activity Involved Parties for Service Orders.
- Select Sales Unit and click on Maintain Determinations button.
- Deactivate Step 1 - Sales Unit of Service Execution Team.
Then the Sales Unit can be directly determined via Step 2 - Responsibility "Sales Unit for Sales".
Community Blog: Party Role Determination in a Service Document
automatic determination ; service execution ; work distribution rule ; Involved Parties for Service Orders ; Sales Unit for Sales , KBA , AP-SVO , Service Order Processing , Problem