You are trying to invoice an invoice request but the status is inconsistent due to an error:
'Using business partner ABC not permitted; status in master data Not Active' (ABC represents the ID of the business partner).
SAP Business ByDesign.
Reproducing the Issue
Go to the Customer Invoicing work center.
Select the Invoice Requests view.
Search for the invoice request DEF (DEF is the invoice request ID).
The status is inconsistent.
- Select invoice request DEF and click the Check button.
System shows the following message: 'Using business partner ABC not permitted; status in master data Not Active.'
You are facing this issue because the status of the business partner in the master data is not active.
Activate the business partner ABC as follows:
- Go to the Account Management work center.
- Select the Account view.
- Search for the business partner ABC.
- Click the Edit button and the View All button.
- Select the Change Status button and change the option to Active.
Do a dummy change in the invoice request to redetermine the data as follows:
- Go to the Customer Invoicing work center.
- Select the Invoice Request view.
- Search and open invoice request DEF.
- Navigate to the Involved Parties tab.
- Remove the Sales Unit or Invoicing Unit and add it again.
- You can invoice the invoice request DEF again.
The invoice request returns to the status 'Consistent'.
KBA: 2814513 - Your Invoice Request Is Inconsistent
Invoice Request ; Inconsistent ; Inactive ; Not Active ; Account ; Account Master Data, Active ; Demande de Facture ; Inconsistante ; Compte ; Compte Client ; Actif , KBA , SRD-CRM-INV , Customer Invoicing , Problem