You are using the key figures Probability and Chance of Success in a report that is based on the data source Opportunity Header and Item. You noticed that the result rows show different amounts, even though the single values are the same.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
Go to the work center Analysis and open any report based on the Opportunity Header and Item data source, for example the report Opportunity Analysis.
- Add the key figures Chance of Success and Probability to the view.
- Add the characteristic Opportunity to the view.
- In the Rows & Columns tab, click on the Opportunity field > Show Settings.
- Change the Result Row Settings to Show.
Now compare the results for the 2 key figures. It will not be the same value even though the value for each opportunity is the same.
The 2 key figures have different aggregation settings:
- Probability calculates the average.
- Chance of success calculates the average of all values that are not zero, null or error. So any opportunity that is zero will not be considered for the average.
This may give a different value in the result.
This is the correction behavior. Depending on which value is required for your scenario, you can make use of one or the other key figure.
average, analysis, result line, result row, report, data source, characteristic , KBA , LOD-LE-OPP-ANA , Opportunity Analytics , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , Problem