You are trying to set the Life Cycle Status of the Ticket to 'Completed', however you get the warning message to send a reply to requester.
Error: "Send a reply to the requester before setting ticket ABC to status Completed"
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
Go to Service work center.
- Go to Tickets view.
- Open Ticket ABC(where ABC is Ticket ID).
- Click on Edit and change the value in Status field to Completed or any status with the Life Cycle Status "Completed"
You get the warning message 'Send a reply to the requester before setting ticket ABC to status completed.'
You have created a Service Level with the "Due Date for Response" and this is automatically assigned to the ticket via Service Level determination rules.
In Service Level maintenance you can define “Due Date for Response” to activate service level for responses.
When the "Due Date for Response" is assigned to a Service Level and this Service Level is assigned to a Ticket, the Response Scenario is active in this ticket. For those Tickets it is required to send a reply to the Customer/Employee(requester) before the system status is set to "Completed".
We distinguish two scenarios for "Response", the next and the ongoing response scenario:
- Next Response Scenario: When the Requester creates a Ticket or responses to a Ticket, a reply(email/portal/...) from the Processor has to be sent to the Requester to be able to complete the ticket. This response scenario will be activated in Service Level when the checkbox "Recurring" for "Due Date for Response" is NOT active.
- Ongoing Response Scenario: When the Requester creates a Ticket or responses to a Ticket, a reply(email/portal/...) from the Processor has to be sent to the Requester to be able to complete the Ticket. Additionally in the Service Level a duration per priority is maintained, within the Processor has to response to the Requester periodically/recurring. Completing is only allowed, if the last interaction was done by the Processor. This response scenario will be activated in Service Level when activating the checkbox "Recurring" for "Due Date for Response".
- Send a reply to the Requester
- Change the Service Level definitions and remove the "Due Date for Response"
- Change the Service Level determination rules and assign only Service Levels w/o "Due Date for Response"
Since we don't know the background about the decision to use the response scenario, it should be clarified if the "Due Date for Initial Review" would fit better.
"Due Date for Initial Review" is normally used for the surveillance when the processor started working on the Ticket.
"Due Date for Response" is a milestone to ensure that Processors need to response to a Ticket before it is possible to complete the customer request.
Due date for response, Service level agreement, ticket, reply, status, completed ; please send a reply to the requester before completing the ticket ; Action CLOSE Not Possible; Action is Disabled , KBA , requester , completed , status , warning , you are not able to close ticket , LOD-LE-CSM-SVL , Service Level Objective , How To