- You are using SFOdata entity to upsert the record
- When upserting the record you face the error "Save composite batch with same parent failed! Invalid navigation key!"
Reproducing the Issue
- Choose an entity in Odata API Data Dictionary which supports upsert functionality
- Create a request payload
- Setting the correct request headers, pass the payload to SFSF in a client tool (Middleware/REST client)
The root cause for this issue is because, the parent key is not existing for the record which is sent in the request payload
This error can be resolved by first creating the respective record and then passing the exact external key(Business Keys) in the request payload and upsert the same
- Odata entity fails while upserting
- Save composite batch with same parent failed! Invalid navigation key!