- IBM DB2 for z/OS uses the ALTER TABLE ... ADD COLUMN statement to add a mandatory column with default to a table.
- PD generates ALTER TABLE ... ADD COLUMN statement when:
- the column is defined as NOT NULL and a default value is defined by using the DEFAULT clause (WITH DEFAULT is not used),
- the column is nullable but WITH DEFAULT is used.
- CREATE/DROP TABLE statements are generated when:
- the column is defined as NOT NULL and no DEFAULT/WITH DEFAULT is used,
- the column is defined as NOT NULL WITH DEFAULT.
- PD should generate:
ALTER TABLE table-name
ADD COLUMN column-name data-type NOT NULL [default-clause]
- the column is not mandatory,
- or a default value is defined,
- or the column is Identity,
- or the column is defined as WITH DEFAULT,
- or the column has the GENERATED clause defined.
- SAP PowerDesigner (PD) 16.6
- IBM DB2 for z/OS
db2mvs, nulls, 814540, CR814540, CR#814540 , KBA , BC-SYB-PD , PowerDesigner , Bug Filed
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.