For custom work centers, the system continues to the display the default icon even when it has been modified in the UI Designer.
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
Reproducing the Issue
1. You change the icon in UI Designer for Custom Workcenter
2. The Icon is not displayed in screen
This is currently expected behavior of the system as this is not supported in the new ByD HTML5 design.
To have your own icon displayed in Byd HTML5 client:
1. Choose a SAP UI5 icon that you would want to use from - https://openui5.hana.ondemand.com/test-resources/sap/m/demokit/iconExplorer/webapp/index.html , say sap-icon://activate is chosen.
2. Open the custom work center and on the "ObeornCenterStructure" level there is a property - "WorkCenter Attributes". Maintain the properties as shown in the attached screenshot.
3. Maintain an attribute Name: Icon and Value: Chosen in 1 above, also see screenshot for example.
4. Additionally one can maintain another attibute Name: BusinessArea and Value: as shown in the screenshot. This would esure an application specific color swatch for the work center.
UI Designer; Custom Workcenter; Change icon , KBA , AP-RC-UIF-RT-B , ByD HTML5 Client (not for Cloud for Customer) , Problem