You want to know why system changes Source of Supply for a line item when Complete Delivery checkbox is marked in a sales order.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
Go to Sales Orders Workcenter.
- Go to Common Tasks view
- Choose New Sales Order subview.
- Enter all required information i.e. account details etc.
- Under section: Delivery, mark the option: Complete Delivery.
- Go to View All.
- Under Items tab , choose add row and enter line items with required products.
- User added example two line items with the source of supply as Internal and one more as a drop shipment with a source of supply as External.
- Here you find that Source of Supply automatically gets changed for other line items also and ATP doesn't work as well.
This is the expected behavior of the SAP Business ByDesign.
The Complete Delivery indicator selected in the sales order, this means when you are requesting to deliver all items together with same requested dates for all items.Then they are assigned to same delivery group and this information is sent to supply chain management to perform the ATP check accordingly. Here user has added Ship from as Internal as well as External sources of supply which is not allowed with Complete Delivery indicator set.For External source of supply, we do not have any details if product is available to be shipped.
In this case, supply chain management has performed ATP and provided the result that from ship-from location for third product which can not be delivered at all but remaining 2 products can be delivered. Now since you have explicitly requested to deliver all items together by selecting the Complete Delivery indicator, even if one item from the delivery group can't be delivered whole delivery can't be release to perform the delivery. That is why you are not able to perform the release operation for items with green ATP result. Since you have explicitly requested to deliver all items together by selecting the Complete Delivery indicator, even if one item is from different group, it can't be delivered as Complete Delivery indicator is marked and hence ATP is not confirmed for all products at once.
- Go to the Sales Orders work center.
- Go to the Sales Orders view.
- Find the sales order ABC. (i.e. here ABC is a Sales Order)
- Edit the sales order and choose the View All button.
- Revoke the checkbox of Complete Delivery in General tab.
- Submit the Sales Order.
Complete Delivery, Sales Order, ATP, Request for Complete delivery not valid for all ordered Products, Customer Demand, Source of Supply , KBA , atp , customer demand , source of supply , request for complete delivery not valid , complete delivery , sales order , AP-SLO , Sales Order Processing , Problem