You have configured code list restriction for a Business Object. Due to invalid code value being chosen, on save system is triggering error. You want to suppress such error message.
Reproducing the Issue
Go to the Sales work center as an example.
- Click on Opportunities view.
Click on New.
For XYZ field, you have chosen code value which is not configured in Code List Restriction.
- Click on Save and you are getting below error.
Save Failed | Entry ABC not valid for XYZ field as per Code List Restriction. Please contact your system administrator.
This is expected behaviour. If invalid code value is chosen, system will trigger error. You have an option to suprress this error message as key user.
- Go to Business Configuration work center.
- Search with Code List Restrictions.
- Click on Code List Restrictions link.
- In Message Severity Configuration, you can change Severity level to Warning or Information or select Suppress Message.
Entry ABC not valid for XYZ field as per Code List Restriction, Please contact your system administrator, Code List Restriction Error, CLR error, CLR, Code List Restrictions , KBA , code list restrictions , clr , entry abc not valid for xyz field as per , please contact your system administrator , clr error , configure message severity , code list restriction error , AP-RC-UIF-FLX , Page Layout & Key User Configuration , How To