You have a Vertex or Avalara integration currently active in your system, nevertheless you notice that for a very few cases the tax is not correctly determined.
SAP Business ByDesign.
Reproducing the Issue
Open a sales document for example, Customer Invoicing.
- Go to Items tab.
- In the Taxes section, tax is not as expected. You see the tax rates came from Vertex or Avalara.
There are different reasons for why a tax rate/code could be wrong or as not expected in the customer invoice/sales order.
One of the reasons is that you have maintained the house number and street in the field Address Line1 in the master data, which is not shared with Vertex or Avalara for tax determination.
For tax determination in Vertex the following fields are used from the master data: House Number, Street, City, State and ZIP.
Occasionally there are different tax rates within a zip code, which would require the House Number and Street. Nevertheless, since these data is maintained in the Address Line1 field, which is not sent over to Vertex/Avalara, the unexpected determination occurs.
You need to maintain the House Number and Street that is in the Address Line1 in the corresponding dedicated fields in the master data for House Number and Street.
If you have several accounts that needs to be updated, you may consider the following steps:
- Go to Mass Data Maintenance work center.
- Export Data to Local File in CSV format for existing Customers or Suppliers.
- Make changes to existing addresses. You have to maintain house numbers and streets in the excel for all those business partner addresses that have them in the address line 1 and not in house number or street fields.
- Upload Data from Local File that is, the altered CSV containing house number and street for respective addresses.
When the upload is successful, the addresses are altered in the system in the expected format.
Since this is a mass data change, it is recommenced that you first test the change in a test environment before performing the steps in production.
Vertex; Tax Determination; Tax Calculation; Address; Mass update; Avalara; Tax Rate; missing; Street; Region; Jurisdiction; , KBA , SRD-FIN-TAX , Tax Management , AP-TTE-TC , Tax Calculation , How To